Ticket HallBuy Prints & Gifts
The original Swiss Cottage station was on the Metropolitan line, but this closed in 1940 after the Bakerloo line took over running trains to Stanmore in 1939, using the current station. When the Jubilee line opened in 1979, at that time running between Stanmore and Charing Cross, Swiss Cottage became part of this line.
The station was named after a nearby pub, built in the style of a Swiss chalet in 1804. It’s still open today, now named Ye Old Swiss Cottage.
Artworks are currently installed at the following stations