Hyde Park Corner was opened in 1906 by the Great Northern, Piccadilly and Brompton Railway. The station was rebuilt in the 1930s; however, part of the original maroon-coloured facade designed by Leslie Green can be seen on the south of the station’s road junction. This original section of the station has not been used as part of the Underground since the rebuild, but has served as a pizza restaurant and more recently as a hotel.
The current station is now completely underground.
Get off at this station to visit Buckingham Palace, Green Park and Hyde Park.
Artworks are currently installed at the following stations