Originally named Kennington Road when it opened in 1906, the station was renamed Westminster Bridge four months later, and in 1917 changed to Lambeth North.
Designed by Leslie Green, the station was damaged during World War II, when a bomb exploded into Kennington Road. One person died, and 37 rings of tunnel had to be rebuilt before train services could resume.
Popular places to visit around Lambeth North are the Imperial War Museum, Lambeth Palace and the Florence Nightingale Museum.
Artworks are currently installed at the following stations