Ticket hallBuy Prints & Gifts
The station was opened in 1926 and designed by Charles Holden. Unlike all Holden’s other stations on the Morden Northern line extension, which have angular facades, South Wimbledon has a gently curving frontage. The original plan was to name the station Merton Grove, since it is in the Borough of Merton, but Wimbledon was deemed a classier area and therefore a more attractive name.
Nearby is the Polka Theatre for children.
Artworks are currently installed at the following stations