Art on the Underground
Website Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions set out important information about your use of this website. In addition, Transport for London’s general Terms and Conditions and general Privacy Statement apply to this website.
Please read through each of them and if you do not agree with them do not use this website. If you continue to access this website, by doing so you agree to be bound by them.
IN PARTICULAR YOUR ATTENTION IS DRAWN TO TRANSPORT FOR LONDON’S DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITS ON LIABILITY IN THE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND SET OUT BELOW.
We advise you to print and keep a copy of these terms and conditions for your future reference.
Transport for London (“TfL”) is a functional body of the Greater London Authority, reporting to the Mayor of London. TfL’s main address is at Windsor House, 42-50 Victoria Street, London, SW1H 0TL, United Kingdom. More information about TfL can be found at http://www.tfl.gov.uk.
For all enquiries relating to this website please contact us on 020 7027 8694 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information and materials on this website
The information we make available on this website is given for general information and interest purposes only. Whilst we try to ensure that the information we make available on the website is accurate and up to date, we cannot be responsible for any inaccuracies in this information.
We have made this website available to you for your personal non-commercial use. We do not give you permission to do anything with this website except to browse its contents and use any other facilities we make available to you.
This website and all the materials contained on it are protected by intellectual property rights, including copyright, and either belong to us or are licensed to us to use. Materials include, but are not limited to, the design, layout and appearance of this website as well as audio and video recording, graphics, text, images of artist’s works, stories, Blog comments, documents, galleries of images and live feeds from selected third party websites, downloads, and other content on this website.
You must not copy, redistribute, republish or otherwise make the materials on this website available to anyone else without our written consent, except for your own personal non-commercial use.
You must take care not to do anything that could harm this website or the computer systems which host this website.
Submitting comments to the Art on the Underground website
This website allows you to submit comments. By submitting comments you agree to respect the following conditions:
- All comments may be checked by us before being displayed on the website. We reserve the right to remove or block any comments which are unsuitable.
- You must not submit any comments that are offensive, racist, inflammatory, unlawful, harmful, defamatory, or obscene. You must not knowingly submit comments which infringe the intellectual property rights of another person.
- By submitting comments on this website you give Transport for London permission to share them with other users via the website. You also agree that Transport for London may use any ideas and/or wording included in your comments, for example to help improve the transport network or in publicity materials.
- We have no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any comments that you submit on this website, unless this is due to our negligence.
Third party live feeds and galleries
We may make available selected live feeds, image galleries and other content from third party websites (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Flickr) on this website from time to time. We are not responsible for these third party websites and do not endorse them.
As these live feeds, galleries and other content are not produced by us or hosted by us:
- we cannot guarantee that they will be available to view;
- we cannot guarantee that they will be compatible with your web-browser or any particular computer equipment you may be using; and
- although we aim to select only content that is appropriate to this website, we are not responsible for such content.
If you go from this website to a third party website when using any of these live feeds, galleries and other content, you are responsible for reading and complying with any terms and conditions that apply to that third party website.
Data protection and privacy
We take your right to privacy and security of your personal details very seriously.
We do not require any personal information from you in order for you to access and browse the Art on the Underground website, but we would hold certain information for the mailing list if you agree to subscribe.
We may collect the following personal information:
- your contact details, such as first & last name, postal address and e-mail address;
- any personal information you choose to include in the comments you submit .
We use this information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to submit comments, and, where necessary, for us to moderate and filter comments;
- to respond to your enquiries;
- to send information you have opted to receive, for example details of our forthcoming events and new projects;
- our internal record keeping;
- to improve the website.
We will never disclose your personal information to any other organisation without your express permission except to the extent necessary for:
- our website services provider to host and carry out maintenance of this website; and
- our marketing services provider to assist us with sending mailings you have opted to receive.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us at 020 7027 8694 email@example.com. If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will correct or update any information as soon as we can.
Please refer to Transport for London’s general Privacy Statement [as above] for further details of how we use and protect your personal information.
Daria Martin Daydream survey
These terms and conditions apply to the Daria Martin daydream survey.
- Submitting a daydream is open to UK residents. If you are using your work computer you may need to obtain your employer’s permission prior to entering.
- There is no limit to the number of entries which may be made.
- There are no prizes for daydream submissions to this survey.
- Selected daydream submissions will be published on the website.
- If it is decided to publish a daydream submission on a leaflet, poster or other promotional material, you will be contacted.
- Transport for London reserves the right to make minor edits to your daydream submission.
- Submitting a daydream implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- All other website terms and conditions apply
Other information of which you need to be aware
We may withdraw your permission to access this website or use any facilities on the website if you fail to comply with any of these terms and conditions. we may remove any comments submitted by you without liability to you.
We may modify this website at any time, for instance to comply with changes in the law or to add new features. We will try as far as possible to ensure that any modifications do not reduce the quality of the website.
We reserve the right to withdraw, suspend or discontinue any functionality or feature on this website at any time.
Any notices we send to you will be sent to the most recent e-mail address or postal address provided to us by you.
These terms and conditions and all communications between us will be conducted in the English language.
Neither of us intend that these terms and conditions will be enforceable by anyone except us and you by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.