17 Jun 2011
Central line series
Art on the Underground has developed the Central line series of artists’ projects.
The Central line is 46 miles long, interconnects with all other Underground lines, and has 49 stations in 12 boroughs. The Central line series takes inspiration from the variety of people and places spanned by the line. Each project explores the theme of communication and exchange, and the connections we make with others.
Central line series projects
- Michael Landy Acts of Kindness
- Sarah Butler Central line stories
- Ruth Ewan A LOCK IS A GATE
- Anna Barham White City
- Alice Channer Hard Metal Body
- Bob and Roberta Smith Who is Community?
The Central line series of temporary commissions is supported by the National Lottery through Arts Council England.